Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BHM Featured Artist: Beads In The Belfry

Name: Nina Jackson
Store name: Beads In The Belfry
Website/online presence: http://shopbatty.com

A look behind the scenes:
Ever since I could recall I've been making things…One of my earliest memories is sitting in the living room of my parents' house cutting up frilly socks to make clothes for Barbie. It got so bad that my grandmother started bringing me little frilly girl socks just for that purpose!

So I have pretty much been making art all my life. I like to make all sorts of things but I am focusing right now on jewelry with a focus on wire wrapping and metal smithing. I like the tactile feel of wrapping and bending wire into something that was not there before. Beads In The Belfry is my brainchild to that end. It is the place for those who've gone quite batty for baubles. I make pieces that are more often than not influenced by nature and her organic shapes. Precious metals and semi-precious stones are primarily used in conjunction with wire wrapping techniques. I've just started learning how to solder metal together. Watch out world!

1 comment:

Boutique Mix Fashion said...

these are gorgeous.