Monday, February 11, 2008

BHM Featured Artist: Brace Yourself Boutique

Name: Myisha Croom-Turner
Store: Brace Yourself Boutique
Website/Online presence:
www.braceyourselfboutique.com (shop)
www.myspace.com/braceyourself74 (blog)

A look behind the scenes:
Hello, My name is Myisha and I am a independent jewelry designer from Southern California. I reside in Fontana which is 50 miles east of Los Angeles. I am employed full time and I also design/create jewelry and participate in local fairs. I am happily married, and a mother of one wonderful 8 year old named Myles. I started my business back in 2000 making bracelets for co-workers and family, and realized how enjoyable it was creating wearable art that people actually loved. With an appreciation for nature and uniqueness, I love creating bracelets that stand out and make a bold statement.....'I am not afraid to be different!' I love creating 'chunky' styled jewelry, and this year I have expanded my collection to include earrings.









In 2007, I created a shopping event/vendor fair for women called Sip n' Shop Girls Night Out. I solicited over 30 business owners to participate. At Sip n' Shop women were able to shop from other women designers, boutique owners, and consultants, sip cocktails, view hourly fashion shows, and listen to neo-soul music spun by a DJ all evening. Due to the success of the event I am currently planning Sip n' Shop Girls Night Out for Spring 2008, and I am seeking handmade crafters, and independent artists in SoCal to participate. For information about this years Sip n' Shop event or to view last years pictures you can go to www.myspace.com/sipandshop.

2 comments:

Itiel said...

Myisha's work is lovely! I purchased a bracelet from Brace Yourself Boutique, and I simply love wearing it! Bravo Myisha!

Boutique Mix Fashion said...

Fabulous idea. I wish I was in the area for this event.