Thursday, August 23, 2007

Everybody's Working for The Weekend [Store]

Up at the Renegade Craft Fair, Brooklyn last June, I had the honor of meeting Oakland, California designer Adjowah Brodie of The Weekend Store. She was one of the RCM booth neighbors, so we chatted a bit and I got to oogle her wonderful jewelry up close.

Her jewelry collection features old school typewriter keys, which I love! Does anyone else besides me remember typing on type writers and having to retype a whole page because of all the liquid paper spots? Smith Corona, anyone? (And no, I'm not that old!)
You can pick your keys to personalize, which is so great for gifts.

In addition to running The Weekend Store full time, Adjowah is also one of the organizers of Maven: Urban Design + Craft Fair in San Francisco, California.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i bought goodies from her at maker faire!!! love them!